Hospital Staff Negligence Can Cause Grave Harm
Examples Of Hospital Negligence
Most hospitals have a large staff made up of doctors, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, technicians and administrators. In general, hospitals are legally liable for employees’ negligence. Hospitals themselves may also commit negligence by:
- Allowing unsanitary conditions to develop, which may lead to deadly infections
- Negligently hiring staff without conducting thorough background checks
- Negligently granting admitting privileges to doctors with a history of incompetence or disciplinary infractions
- Negligently discharging patients when it is inappropriate to do so
- Failing to respond to warning signs or reports of malpractice among staff or doctors
- Failing to install basic safety equipment such as bed rails, or failing to maintain the equipment in working order
- Failing to adequately train staff and doctors on important safety protocols
- Mismanaging medical records, medical samples and sensitive patient information
We Are Passionate About Helping Patients Pursue Accountability
If you or a loved one became a victim of negligence in a hospital setting, you may have a legal claim against the institution itself. Filing a lawsuit may allow you to expose the negligence. It is also a way to pursue financial compensation, accountability and closure.
As an accomplished lawyer with nearly three decades of insurance experience, our founding attorney, John O'Toole, is a strong supporter of patients’ rights. He devotes a significant part of his practice to helping victims of medical malpractice seek justice and makes clients’ needs a top priority. Your goals and interests will guide the approach we take toward holding the hospital responsible. Whether a favorable resolution requires strategic negotiation or fierce advocacy at trial, you can rely on O'Toole Law Firm, LLC, to stand up for you each step of the way.
Call Us At 312-815-6330
Learn more about your legal options and how we can help. Find out whether you have strong grounds to sue a Chicagoland hospital by contacting O'Toole Law, for a free consultation. Reach out to us online or call us at 312-815-6330 to arrange for a free consultation.