Nursing Home (Skilled Care) Negligence Lawyer In Chicago, Illinois
Protecting The Powerless
If you find yourself facing the nightmare of nursing home negligence, contact O’Toole Law. We can help you get answers about what happened and who was responsible. Our lawyer, John O’Toole, is committed to standing up for the powerless and vulnerable. He is not afraid to oppose nursing homes and health care institutions in pursuit of justice.
Identifying And Taking Action Against Mistreatment
Nursing home negligence comes in many shapes and sizes. The most common offending conduct includes:
- Neglect: Inadequate care can lead to bedsores, bruises, falls, broken hips, malnutrition, dehydration and other health complications.
- Inattention: Another form of neglect involves permitting patients, especially those with Alzheimer’s or similar conditions, to wander off the facility and cause harm to themselves or others.
- Elder abuse: Sadly, nursing homes do not always carefully vet their staff. Employees sometimes take advantage of vulnerable residents, even inflicting physical abuse or committing sexual assault. The nursing home may be at fault for negligently hiring staff without looking into their backgrounds.
- Unsanitary conditions: The absence of adequate safety and sanitation measures can take a drastic toll on the precarious health of residents, allowing dangerous antibiotic-resistant infections to flourish. The nursing home may be accountable for failing to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Errors: Medical malpractice happens just as often in nursing homes as in hospitals and other care facilities. Medication errors — such as wrong doses, missed doses or wrong medications — are especially prevalent.
Many of these issues persist for months or even years before they are exposed. For that reason, it is critical to take action and enlist the help of an attorney whenever you suspect that a loved one has been mistreated in a nursing home.
Please call our office in Chicago, Illinois, at 312-546-5057 or 844-636-2456 toll free to discuss your concerns with our attorney during a free consultation. We are available Monday through Saturday for your convenience.