Chicago, Illinois, Hospital Negligence Attorney | O’Toole Law
Examples Of Hospital Negligence
Most hospitals have a large staff made up of doctors, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, technicians and administrators. In general, hospitals are legally liable for employees’ negligence. Hospitals themselves may also commit negligence by:
- Allowing unsanitary conditions to develop, which may lead to deadly infections
- Negligently hiring staff without conducting thorough background checks
- Negligently granting admitting privileges to doctors with a history of incompetence or disciplinary infractions
- Negligently discharging patients when it is inappropriate to do so
- Failing to respond to warning signs or reports of malpractice among staff or doctors
- Failing to install basic safety equipment such as bed rails, or failing to maintain the equipment in working order
- Failing to adequately train staff and doctors on important safety protocols
- Mismanaging medical records, medical samples and sensitive patient information
We Are Passionate About Helping Patients Pursue Accountability
If you or a loved one became a victim of negligence in a hospital setting, you may have a legal claim against the institution itself. Filing a lawsuit may allow you to expose the negligence. It is also a way to pursue financial compensation, accountability and closure.
Find out whether you have strong grounds to sue the hospital by contacting O’Toole Law in Chicago, Illinois, for a free consultation. Our attorney is a strong supporter of patients’ rights. He devotes a significant part of his practice to helping victims of medical malpractice seek justice.
As an accomplished lawyer with nearly three decades of insurance experience, John O’Toole makes clients’ needs a top priority. Your goals and interests will guide the approach we take toward holding the hospital responsible. Whether a favorable resolution requires strategic negotiation or fierce advocacy at trial, you can rely on our firm to stand up for you each step of the way.
Call 312-546-5057 or toll free 844-636-2456 to learn more about how we can help.